
I have been feeling pretty low after this last pregnancy. Lots and lots of factors have gone into that. I have been fighting back furiously and taking a little help from a trusty pill. But life still seems a bit overwhelming quite a bit. I try to keep my comments on my blog as well as facebook positive and upbeat, not because I want everyone to think I have it all together and flit around perfectly without a care, but because I don't think it is usually productive. I usually end up feeling lower.
Instead I enjoy visiting with others and realizing I am not as crazy as I think I am. I enjoy writing and getting all the blah out to make room for the good. The thing that I also find the most effective when I am feeling cheated in life is to say a prayer of gratitude for my blessings. It is always amazing how long you can go when you are thinking about how much you have in your life, no matter how bad you think things are.
Anyhow I am truly grateful for an amazing friend & visiting teacher who has gone above and beyond the call of duty too many times to count. You have inspired me to aspire to become a better visiting teacher.
I am also grateful for my friend & morning "bus driver" I can't say carpool because that would imply that I take part in the driving as well, and I don't. This service has meant volumes to me and you are such a rock.
Both of these examples of blessings of service in my life I don't think I will ever be able to truly repay. But really I think the point of true service here on earth is to pay it forward whenever we can! So what's with the knitted heart? Well knitting is an act of bringing together ... and to serve we also bring together through action... I guess I just suppose some of life's toughest times are solved through acts of loving service.
5 comments:
Thank you for your uplifting post! We all need reminders that we arent as crazy as we think we are and that we are much more blessed than we think we are sometimes! You are wonderful!
Annette,
Thank you for that. You DO have it together woman! This would make a really inspirational lesson in RS!
I'm sorry to hear you are having back problems. You are way too young for that. Hope you can find some relief. Love you.
hang in there..somedays that's all we can do! But you are so right with the gratitude thing...do you keep a gratitude journal, it really helps. Sometimes I think we go through things so that we can recognize when others are going through it later...and then we can help. Thanks for the reminder.
Love this entry! Great connection - knitting, service, love...
You're great...thanks for YOUR example of service.
Sorry things are tough right now.
Post a Comment