This post is long over due but I am still catching up on all of the adventures big and small that we have had. This was a smaller adventure but with the little effort that it took it sure was fun!
Geocaching (pronounced geo-cashing) is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure. A geocacher can place a geocache in the world, pinpoint its location using GPS technology and then share the geocache's existence and location online. Anyone with a GPS unit can then try to locate the geocache. For simpler geocaching like the one we did you can use google maps.
We took a short walk near our home (about 10 minutes)
but still ran into poison ivy along the way.

The cache is large and not hard to find so the kids where able to help find it.
They each brought a small toy to swap.

They both had to inspect each toy before making a choice.

They did finally make a choice, we signed the finder log
and returned the cache to its hiding spot.

Showing off their loot!
You can go to
www.geocaching.com and make a free account after which you can enter the zip code you wish to hunt in and begin your first real live treasure hunt!
Note: We have since swiped Eric's GPS (with his permission of course) to check out some caches that you really do need the GPS so hopefully we will have another success story to share.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you liked geocaching! My neighbor took us once, and now we're addicted.
haha. I'm glad Nicole posted a comment. I was going to say she went and loved it! I've been a few times, but don't have a GPS so can't go anymore.
Post a Comment