Wednesday, June 9, 2010

They're All Gone

(Two couples are even missing from this picture!)

The last of our graduate friends left this morning. Saying goodbye to that many people in the space of 2 weeks has taken the wind out of my sails. I had to hold James while he cried himself to sleep last night. When the first couple of friends left I don't think he fully understood what was going on. He also is a pretty easy going guy and thought well I still have so and so to play with. When it came time the last people to leave were our next door neighbors it was too much for James. He asked if he could go with them. We were always there for each other in a bind and our kids played like siblings only usually better. James and their little guy Eric were good friends and loved that they could sneak out of the apartment and be in their buddy's house before either mom knew. James and I have cried a lot in the last few hours. Being painfully sad yourself is hard enough but then to watch your child be just as heartbroken if not more has made the anguish almost too much. I wanted to get out and do something to take our minds off of it but Kaylie has been throwing up for 36+ hours. I hoping we don't end up going to get an IV but if things don't turn around soon that's were we'll be!

To all of our friends we miss you so much and hope that you are so excited for the next leg of the adventure!

To the few who are left I am ready to have one sweet year with you all!

3 comments:

C, J, T, and M said...

I still cry too....

Sherrie said...

Oh, man. I just teared up and my Jennie gave me a squeeze. Love, lots of love your way.

Jenny M said...

Missing you, too!!!