Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Belle Cake

Kaylie asked for a Belle cake this year (last year was Mermaid). Shellie, a friend of ours, is an amazing cake "artist" so we asked her to put her skills to work. Kaylie (and Mommy) couldn't have been more excited and pleased with the beautiful princess that was delivered before the party started!

She was a little shy when Shellie came to bring the cake but I think this face says it all. Through out the day and even at breakfast this morning Kaylie said, "it sure was nice of Shellie to make that cake for me." 
 

Isn't she pretty?


The details on the cake were just amazing to me. (Have I used that word too many times) The color of the gown was perfectly matched to the golden yellow of Belle's gown. Down the back of the dress there were even tiny little yellow buttons. 


The white petticoat ruffles were one of my favorite details. 

Sorry Shellie I hope I didn't embarrass you too much. 

2 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm flattered if a bit undeserving. Thank you. The picture of Kaylie is darling. Little girls are my favorite to make cakes for. Such fun!

Melanie said...

I love Kaylie's face. That picture is priceless. And that cake is amazing!!!